2010 Broward tax bills in the mail
Broward County Records, Taxes & Treasury Division will have mailed more than 400,000 property tax bills by November 1, 2010. Property taxes must be paid no later than March 31, 2011, to pay without penalty and avoid delinquency, but may be paid as early as November 1, 2010, to take advantage of discounts.
A 4 percent discount applies to taxes paid in November; a 3 percent discount applies in December; a 2 percent discount in January; and a 1 percent discount in February.
Property owners without mortgages, or those who do not make use of an escrow arrangement, may pay their taxes in a variety of ways:
• Online Electronic Check (no fee): Visit www.broward.org/revenue and click SEARCH/PAY PROPERTY TAXES. Use the search function to locate your property record, and follow instructions for payment by automatic deduction from your bank account (U.S. bank accounts only; no foreign banks). There is no fee for this service. Taxes paid by this method will show as paid immediately. The service will not be available until November 1.
• Online Credit Card/Debit Card (fee): Visit www.broward.org/revenue and click SEARCH/PAY PROPERTY TAXES. Use the search function to locate your property record, and follow instructions for payment by credit or debit card. There is an additional fee for this service. The Fee Schedule is posted online at www.broward.org/revenue (Resources).The service will not be available until November 1.
• Electronic Payment from Your Bank: You may use your own bank’s bill-paying service; however, note that delays in processing payments between your bank and Broward County, due to the absence of a payment coupon accompanying the payment, could result in the loss of a discount, if payment is made too close to the end of the discount period.
• Mail: Use the envelope enclosed with your tax bill or mail payment to Broward County Tax Collector, P.O. Box 29009, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302-9009. Do not mail your payment to any other address. Be sure to include the tax coupon with your check, or there may be a delay in processing. Postmark date will be used to determine the applicable discount amount. Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank and be in U.S. dollars. Should the check not clear for any reason, the tax payment will be canceled and a return check fee will be charged.
• In Person: There are several locations where you can make property tax payments in person.
• At Broward County Records, Taxes & Treasury Division, Tax & License Section, Governmental Center, 115 S. Andrews Ave., Room A-100, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• At Broward County Records, Taxes & Treasury Division, Auto Tag Section, 1800 N.W. 66th Ave., Suite 101, Plantation, FL, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – until March 31, cash or check only
• At any one of the 77 Wachovia Bank Branches in Broward County, until March 31, cash or check only. Tax coupon must accompany payment. Maximum of three tax transactions will be permitted at one time.
• Partial Payments: Current taxes may be paid in up to five partial payments. A $10 processing fee applies to each payment. Each of the first four payments must be a minimum of $100. No discount is allowed. The final payment must be payment in full and paid by March 31 or the balance due will be subject to penalties and interest.
For more information on 2010 property taxes, visit www.broward.org/revenue, or call the Broward County Call Center at
- Residents Can Make Partial Payments on 2009 Property Taxes
- Property Tax Exemption Filing Dates Announced For February 2010
- Skidmore sponsoring six bills in 2010 Florida legislative session
- Broward Property Tax Exemption Filing Dates Announced For March 2010, help meetings scheduled
- Broward County Housing Finance Authority launches mortgage credit certificate program
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10291