Commercial Blvd. closing at Tri-rail tracks for three weeks starting May 21
Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale will be closed to all traffic at the CSX/Tri-Rail railroad tracks just west of I-95 for two weeks beginning Friday, May 21, Florida Department of Transportation officials report.
Commercial will be closed at 7 a.m. Friday and remain closed to motorists and pedestrians 24 hours a day until 6 a.m. Friday, June. 4. If work can be completed ahead of schedule, the road will be re-opened to traffic at that time.
Alternates routes for eastbound Commercial traffic include Powerline Road north to 62nd Street (Cypress Creek Road) or south to Prospect Road, then east to Andrews Avenue or to Dixie Highway and back to Commercial.
Alternate routes for westbound Commercial traffic include Dixie or Andrews north to 62nd or south to Prospect, then Powerline back to Commercial.
Commercial must be closed to all traffic to enable CSX workers to rebuild the railroad crossing.
- FEC RR CROSSING ON HILLSBORO BLVD. TO BE CLOSED Dec. 5-8
- Pedestrian killed crossing Commercial Blvd. in Oakland Park
- Commercial Blvd. corridor study meeting in Oakland Park
- Atlantic Blvd. bridge to A1A closed all weekend
- Pompano’s Atlantic Blvd. bridge to beach closed this weekend
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=8020