Pedestrian killed crossing Commercial Blvd. in Oakland Park
A pedestrian was struck and killed Friday night in Oakland Park as he attempted to cross Commercial Boulevard.
At approximately 9:30 p.m. on May 7, the 65-year-old victim was walking northbound across the westbound lanes of Commercial Boulevard when he was struck by a westbound vehicle in the 1300 block.
The driver of the Nissan 350Z, Luis Arce, 26, of Fort Lauderdale, did remain on scene. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene by Oakland Park Fire Rescue. His name is being withheld while Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives attempt to locate his family.
This investigation continues.
Anyone who may have witnessed the actual impact is asked to call BSO Traffic Homicide Det. Michael Wiley at (or (
- Train kills pedestrian in Oakland Park, caused Tri-Rail delays
- Commercial Blvd. corridor study meeting in Oakland Park
- Commercial Blvd. closing at Tri-rail tracks for three weeks starting May 21
- Teen killed in Oakland Park crash with Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy
- Wilton Manors man killed in motorcycle wreck
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=7903