Are you a Broward County resident who is highly motivated but needs a little help to achieve your goals? If so, the Broward County Community Action Agency is offering assistance through an American Recovery Reinvestment Act-Community Services Block Grant. Program benefits include:
• Employment and Training assistance
• Case Management with financial assistance (including emergency rent, mortgage and utilities)
• Tuition and education expenses assistance
• Childcare assistance
• Vehicle maintenance
To qualify for the program, you must be a highly-motivated Broward County resident who lives in a household at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Other documents may be required to participate in the program, such as:
• Florida identification for all adults within a household
• Social Security identification cards
• Proof of income for all adult members in the household (pay stubs, unemployment, retirement benefits, disability benefits,
child support verification)
• Housing payment agreement
• Rental, lease or mortgage statement
• Food stamp and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) verification documents
• Proof of acceptance/enrollment in school
• Poof of acceptance/enrollment in child care facility
• Proof of application for federal student
Financial assistance is based on a case-by-case review.
Tuition and other education expenses will be covered for courses completed by September 2010.
For childcare assistance only, the primary head of household must be employed and not currently receiving assistance from Family Central.
In the past two calendar years, Community Action Agency has assisted 19,000 Broward County families.
For more information, contact the Broward County Community Action Agency at 954-761-2121 or visit www.broward.org/family and click COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY.