Pressing rondo is a type of training technique used in football to improve the team’s defensive performance. It teaches players when they should press, and when they should hold to control play even when they don’t have possession. This activity prevents the attackers from running past.
Suppose we take an area of 60*50 yard for ten players; a target player is placed at both ends and four versus four players in the middle. It begins by target man passing to a player who collects it from the end zone. Each team will have to move it from one end to the other, and scores by passing to the target. Target player returns the ball to the scoring team to attack in the opposite direction. If the ball is stopped in the end zone, resulting in a turnover, it is restarted by the opposite target player.
Techniques for a beginner:
- Defending players should reach the receiver before he touches the ball.
- Other defenders should prevent passes that cause goal.
- They should assess pressing or hold according to the positioning of their teammates.
- By pressing, players move quickly together to force opponents to make a mistake and win the ball and then counter attack.
- It can then be passed to a teammate who runs in the end zone and passes it to target player, scoring a point.
- If the team is with possession, players should support quickly to break the lines of pressure.
Nowadays, people play online betting games like Bandarq, which uses two dominoes, whereas domino uses 4. When the number of player cards is greater than the dealer, the dealer has to pay the player according to the bets.
Henceforth these techniques can be easily applied in practical by beginners to tackle the opposition and take the ball in their court.