Early Voting Opens this weekend in Wilton Manors!
Beginning Saturday, August 4, 2012 and open through Saturday, August 11, 2012, Early Voting for the August 14, 2012 Election will be available at Wilton Manors City Hall located at 2020 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors, FL 33305. The polls will be open from 11:00am – 7:00pm. Parking fees at the City Hall/Hagen Park parking lot will be waived during this time (pay for parking normally begins at 6:00 p.m. in the City Hall/Hagen Park parking areas). For more information, please contact the Supervisor of Elections Office at 954-357-7050.
National Night Out: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 7:00pm – City wide
On Tuesday, August 7th 2012 neighbors throughout Wilton Manors are being invited to join forces with thousands of communities nationwide for the “29th Annual National Night Out” crime and drug prevention event. National Night Out is co-sponsored locally by the Wilton Manors Police Department. In all, over 15,110 communities and about 37 million people world-wide are expected to participate. To register your neighborhood event(s), please contact: Sgt. Shawn Chadwick at 954-390-2150, press 0. Forms are available through the Wilton Manors Police Department and you can get a NNO registration form at the front lobby of the police department, or on line at: http://www.wmpd.org/. Please drop off the form at the station.
Your Community Affairs Advisory Board Presents:
A Night at the Ball Park on Saturday, September 1, 2012!
Join your fellow neighbors for a night at Marlin’s Stadium and cheer on the Marlins as they take on the New York Mets! Tickets are $35.00 and include transportation to and from Marlins Stadium. Busses will depart from the west side of Wilton Manors Elementary School campus located at 2401 NE 3 Avenue, promptly at 5:00pm, please arrive no later than 4:30pm. The bus will return to same location following the game. Small coolers are allowed on the bus, however they are not permitted into Marlins Stadium. For tickets (a limited number are available) and information, please contact Gina Ray at 954-390-2120 or stop by City Hall.
Upcoming Events on the City Calendar:
- National Night Out, Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 7:00pm, Citywide
- C.A.A.B., Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Main Street, Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 7:00pm,Main Street
- Planning & Zoning Board Monday, August 13, 2012, 7:00pm, Chambers
- WMBA Monday, August 13, 2012, 6:00pm, Dean Allen-A Hair Studio
- Budget Workshop, August 14, 2012, 6:30pm, Chambers
- Commission Meeting, August 14, 2012, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Movie in the Park, Friday, August 17, 2012, 7:00pm, Hagen Park
- Art Festival in the Park, Friday-Saturday, August 17-18, 2012, 11:00am – 7:00 pm, Hagen Park
- WMBA Networking Lunch, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 7:00pm, Siam Cuisine