Miami man killed in Afghanistan
South Florida residents can mourn the loss of yet another local soldier who died supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
On June 18, Seaman William Ortega, 23, of Miami, died in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Ortega was killed by a roadside bomb. An improvised device blasted, causing fatal wounds, that killed Ortega while conducting combat operations against enemy forces.
Ortega was assigned as a hospital corpsman to Third Battalion, First Marine Regiment, First Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.
In May, Broward County lost a Pembroke Pines man in Afghanistan. Click here to read that article.
This has been a tough year for soldiers in Afghanistan. To follow the list of casualties, visit this page by clicking here.
- Pembroke Pines man killed in Operation Enduring Freedom
- Davie man killed in Afghanistan
- DOD Identifies Army Casualty from Miami
- Dania Beach man killed in paragliding accident
- Tamarac man killed when running in traffic
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=8586