DOD Identifies Army Casualty from Miami
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Staff Sgt. Amilcar H. Gonzalez, 26, of Miami, Fla., died May 21 in Ash Shura, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire.
He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
Broward News could not obtain a photo Of Staff Sgt Amilcar H. Gonzalez.
- Miami man killed in Afghanistan
- Pembroke Pines man killed in Operation Enduring Freedom
- Hollywood Mayor Bober to Jump with the US Army Golden Knights
- Darrell Gwynn Foundation Miami HEAT donate wheelchair
- Broward Sheriff’s Office identifies Broward plane crash victims
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=8127
Posted by AdamF on May 25 2010. Filed under Broward County, Local news, Miami. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry