Davie man killed in Afghanistan
A Davie man was killed this week in Afghanistan. Staff Sgt. Juan L. Rivadeneira, 27,of Davie, died Nov. 13 in the Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Rivadeneira, along with Corporal Jacob R. Carver, 20, and Specialist Jacob C. Carroll, 20, died when an insurgent suicide bomber detonated a vest bomb and struck their unit.
Rivadeneira has been in the Army since May 2003 and was stationed at Fort Campbell in 2009.
Rivadeneira is survived by his wife, Melissa Rivadeneira and son, Juan A. Rivadeneira of Germany.; and mother, Yenni S. Rivadeneira of Venezuela.
- Miami man killed in Afghanistan
- Coral Springs teen killed while crossing street
- Pembroke Pines man killed in Operation Enduring Freedom
- Honoring the Men and Women Serving Our Country This Holiday Season
- Davie gets AA rating from Fitch
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10603
Posted by Andrea Freygang on Nov 16 2010. Filed under Broward County, Davie, Latest news, Local news, Military. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry