Replacement of Sunrise Blvd. Bridge over Middle River discussed at Nov. 4 meeting
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold a public meeting to discuss the proposed improvements to be made on State Road 838 (Sunrise Blvd.) between NE 20th Ave and Middle River Drive in Fort Lauderdale. The meeting will be held Thursday, Nov. 4, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the George English Park Recreation Center at 1101 Bayview Drive in Fort Lauderdale.
The improvements include:
- Replacing the Sunrise Blvd. Bridge over Middle River
- Raising the bridge to 10.25 ft. vertical clearance (approximately 4 ft. higher than the existing bridge)
- Reconstruction of the roadway between the two intersections
- Adding landscaping
Construction is anticipated to begin in February 2013 and to be completed in approximately 17 months. The estimated construction cost is $10 million.
This meeting will have an informal, open house format. No formal presentation will be made. Project plans will be on display. FDOT project representatives will be available throughout the meeting to discuss the project, answer questions and address individual concerns.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status.
If you need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or require translation services (free of charge) please contact Scott Peterson, P.E., FDOT Project Manager, prior to the meeting. He can be reached by phone, toll free, at 866-336-8435 ext. 4416 or by e-mail at .
For further information about the project or this meeting contact Scott Peterson or May Cheng, P.E., FDOT Roadway Designer. May can be reached by phone at or e-mail at .
- Meeting on plan to replace Sunrise Key Blvd. Bridge in Fort Lauderdale
- Atlantic Blvd. bridge to A1A closed all weekend
- Public meeting on improvements to 31st Ave in Pompano Sept. 15
- Pompano’s Atlantic Blvd. bridge to beach closed this weekend
- New Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach transportation project public meeting
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10238