Pompano’s Atlantic Blvd. bridge to beach closed this weekend
The Atlantic Boulevard Bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway in Pompano Beach will be closed to all road traffic Friday night, Aug. 6, and remain closed until Monday morning, Aug. 9, Florida Department of Transportation officials report.
The bridge will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians at 9 o’clock Friday night and will re-open at 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Nearest alternate routes between the beach and mainland are the N.E. 14th Street Bridge to the north and the Commercial Boulevard Bridge to the south from Ocean Boulevard (S.R. A1A) or from Federal Highway (U.S. 1).
The bridge closure is necessary to enable works to do final testing of newly installed mechanical and electrical systems and to do other final work in conjunction with an ongoing renovation project. The $4.1 million project began in November 2009 and is scheduled to be completed in late August.
During the final weeks of work, a lane on the bridge will be closed periodically in one direction at a time between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays.
- Atlantic Blvd. bridge to A1A closed all weekend
- Meeting on plan to replace Sunrise Key Blvd. Bridge in Fort Lauderdale
- Replacement of Sunrise Blvd. Bridge over Middle River discussed at Nov. 4 meeting
- Commercial Blvd. closing at Tri-rail tracks for three weeks starting May 21
- Sunview Park in Ft. Lauderdale closed by fire damage
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9014