Public meeting on improvements to 31st Ave in Pompano Sept. 15
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is holding an informational meeting to discuss proposed improvements to be made to State Road 849 (Northwest 31st Avenue) from 200 feet north of West Atlantic Boulevard to Coconut Creek Parkway/Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Boulevard in Pompano Beach.
The meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept. 15, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at the Herb Skolnick Community Center, 800 SW 36th Avenue in Pompano Beach.
The meeting will have an informal, open house format. No formal presentation will be made. FDOT project representatives will be available throughout the meeting to discuss the project, answer questions and address individual concerns.
The proposed improvements include:
- Removing the existing asphalt and repaving the roadway
- Upgrading existing shoulders to provide a 5-foot paved shoulder followed by a 3-foot unpaved shoulder
- Upgrading pedestrian ramps and sidewalks to comply with current Americans with Disability Act (ADA) requirements
- Providing continuous sidewalks on both sides of the road
- Improvements road signs and pavement markings
- Minor traffic signal improvements, including a signalized pedestrian crossing along the south side of the intersection 31st Avenue at Coconut Creek Parkway
FDOT expects to open construction bids for this project in July 2011. Construction is anticipated to begin in fall 2011 and to be completed in fall 2012. The construction cost of these improvements is currently estimated at $1.2 million.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. If you need special accommodations under ADA or require translation services (free of charge) please contact Mr. John Thompson, P.E., FDOT Project Manager, prior to the meeting. He can be reached by phone at or toll free at 866-336-8435 ext. 4680 or by e-mail at # # #
- Stirling Rd Improvements at Davie Rd Ext to be discussed Jan 20
- Downtown Pompano connectivity meeting June 29; public welcome
- Replacement of Sunrise Blvd. Bridge over Middle River discussed at Nov. 4 meeting
- Meeting on plan to replace Sunrise Key Blvd. Bridge in Fort Lauderdale
- Pompano holding meeting to discuss branding for community
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9601