Stirling Rd Improvements at Davie Rd Ext to be discussed Jan 20
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is holding a meeting to discuss proposed improvements to be made on State Road 848/Stirling Road at the Davie Road Extension intersection in the Town of Davie. The meeting will be held Thursday, Jan. 20, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Davie Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive in Davie FL.
The proposed improvements include:
- Extending the eastbound and westbound left turn lanes on Stirling Road at the Davie Road Extension intersection
- Modifying the existing median opening at Edgewater Drive to a westbound only directional opening
- Upgrading traffic signals to mast arms and installing additional traffic signal heads at the Davie Road Ext. intersection
- Installing additional street lights
- Improving pedestrian ramps and sidewalks at the Davie Road Ext. intersection
Construction of these improvements is anticipated to begin in May 2012 and to be completed in six months. The estimated construction cost is $650,000.
This meeting will have an informal, open house format. No formal presentation will be made. FDOT project staff will be available throughout the meeting to discuss the proposed improvements, answer questions and address individual concerns.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status.
If you need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or require translation services (free of charge) please contact Mr. Scott Peterson, P.E., FDOT’s project manager prior to the meeting. He can be reached by e-mail at , by local phone at or toll free at 866-336-8435 ext. 4416. He also can be contacted for further information about this project.
- Public meeting on improvements to 31st Ave in Pompano Sept. 15
- New Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach transportation project public meeting
- Portions Davie Rd. closed starting Nov. 12
- Davie hosting town hall meeting in May
- New River Greenway Now Open for Recreation
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=11035