BSO investigating death of Lauderdale Lakes toddler
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are trying to determine how a Lauderdale Lakes toddler was killed just two months shy of her 2nd birthday. BSO deputies were called to Jamisa Poitier’s home just after 8:30 a.m. Saturday after family members reported that they couldn’t wake her up.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s office later ruled her death a homicide. BSO detectives have been tirelessly investigating the case since.
BSO’s Child Protective Investigations Section has conducted a parallel investigation to ensure the household where Jamisa lived is a safe environment for any other children who may live there.
Anyone with information about this homicide can contact Det. Scott Champagne at BSO’s non emergency number, or report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for tips leading to the arrest of a suspect.
- Mental health burglar steals vacuum, other tools in Lauderdale Lakes; with video
- Teen murders elderly neighbor in Lauderdale Lakes for $34
- Man fires into girlfriend’s apartment in Lauderdale Lakes- suspect sought
- Broward Sheriff’s Office investigating vehicular homicide
- LAUDERDALE LAKES – A/C BURGLAR LEAVES TENANTS IN A HOT MESS
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9558