Another oil rig explodes in Gulf of Mexico
Mariner Energy Inc. of Houston TX confirmed one of its oil rigs that resides approximately 100 miles off the coast of Louisiana is on fire. All of the crew members survived with one injury reported. The rig services 7 wells producing both oil and natural gas. Crew has reported that the flow was shut off before evacuating, however the Coast Guard and Mariner Energy, Inc has not been able to confirm that at this time.
An oil slick roughly one mile long has been spotted however.
- Florida Gulf oil spill jobs website launched
- Scientists drastically increase estimates on oil gushing in Gulf
- Florida legislation asks Congress to remove offshore drilling moratorium
- 8,400 square miles of Gulf waters reopen for fishing
- Coast Guard responds to reports of oil in Florida Keys
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9537
Posted by Andrea Freygang on Sep 2 2010. Filed under Broward County, Environmental, Local news, Oil. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry