Police using boats to evacuate residents in Pembroke Park mobile homes
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue crews have evacuated approximately one dozen families from the Bamboo Mobile Home Park at the 2400 block of Charles Rd. in Pembroke Park using Jon Boats. Most of the evacuees were transported by BSFR to the American Red Cross Shelter that has been opened at the Hallandale Beach Cultural Center at 401 SE 3 St. There were two special needs evacuees removed from their homes and taken to area facilities for appropriate care.
FPL is en route to Bamboo MHP to assess the electrical service and will most likely shut off a good portion of the park’s electricity. Firefighters will be going door-to-door to recanvass remaining residents who may now wish to be evacuated.
Two other mobile home parks are also in the process of being evaluated and evacuations are likey there as well. No injuries have been reported.
- Pembroke Park woman dies in mobile home fire
- One arrested, one at large in Pembroke Park purse snatching; with video
- Armed robbers pistol-whip Pembroke Park shop owner
- Wet Seal, Best Buy mobile, Chicken Now open in Coral Springs
- Space heaters spark spike in calls to Broward Sheriff’s Office
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=5329