Miramar needs IRS volunteers for 2011 tax season
The City of Miramar and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) are now looking for special volunteers to assist taxpayers in the area of preparing simple tax returns and filing tax returns electronically. Through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program volunteers assist low-income individuals who cannot afford the services of a paid professional tax preparer in preparing their tax returns.
The IRS will provide all of the necessary training for those who volunteer, at no cost.Volunteers who participate in this program provide 40 hours of tax preparation, during the tax filing season. TheVolunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is a great way to learn from the experts about tax law, while helping your community.
Don’t miss out on this great volunteering and learning opportunity. For more information regarding this program, please call us at
- Miramar looking for volunteers for community garden
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program in Miramar
- Broward property appraiser holding outreach event in Miramar
- Miramar has funding for low income homeowners get repair, Chinese drywall help
- Volunteers Needed To Serve In Schools As Non-Medical Assistants During H1n1 Vaccination Process
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10783