Spirit Airlines expands Fort Lauderdale service
Spirit Airlines recently announced a new expansion of its service with the introduction of non-stop service to five new markets from the airline’s Fort Lauderdale home.
Included in the expansion are:
- Plattsburgh, NY (serves Montreal, Canada) – four weekly non-stops starting January 14, 2011. Located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York on the shores of Lake Champlain, Plattsburgh is centrally positioned near Albany, New York; Burlington, Vermont; and Montreal, Canada, offering upstate New Yorkers and Canadians easy access to ultra low fares throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America.
- Niagara Falls, NY (serves Buffalo, NY and Toronto, Canada) – three weekly non-stops starting January 27, 2011. In addition to Niagara Falls being a tourist destination in itself, the Niagara Falls International Airport is also conveniently located near Buffalo, New York, and just across the border from Toronto, Canada, offering upstate New Yorkers and Canadians easy access to ultra low fares throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America.
- Latrobe, PA (serves greater Pittsburgh area) – four weekly non-stops starting February 12, 2011. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh.
- Charleston, WV – three weekly non-stops starting March 3, 2011. State Capital serving all of West Virginia.
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – twice daily non-stops starting May 5, 2011.
In addition to the non-stop service, the new schedule provides two daily one-stop same aircraft options for customers traveling between Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas.
“I commend Spirit Airlines for its continued commitment to our airport and to South Florida. By adding these new destinations it gives our passengers more ultra low fare choices,” said Kent George, Director of Aviation, Broward County Aviation Department. “Thank you for helping make FLL the fastest growing airport in Florida and the fourth fastest in the country.”
“Every time Spirit adds service, it adds a smile to Fort Lauderdale,” said Nicki E. Grossman, president of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Our hometown airline has played a large part in our tourism success and we are delighted that they are continuing to grow and play an even larger role in our future growth.”
- New Community Bus Service in Ft. Lauderdale
- Community service day in Fort Lauderdale with Kids Ecology Corps
- 95 Express Miramar Bus Service Inaugural Ceremony January 10
- Vatican Splendors coming to Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale
- Share our Strength Fort Lauderdale a success
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10294