Over 200 arrested in multi-agency operation in Broward
The Broward Sheriff’s Office joined forces with the Drug Enforcement Administration, State Probation and Parole, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the U.S. Postal Service and the U.S. Marshals Office, as well as the Hallandale, Ft. Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Margate, Sunrise and Miami-Dade police departments in a massive crackdown that led to 232 arrests.
The large-scale, two-day operation took place on August 19 & 20, targeting criminal activity such as prostitution, online sexual predators, street-level drug deals, the illegal sale and distribution of prescription medication and fugitives with outstanding warrants.
“This is the fifth time in 15 months that we have conducted this operation and the results speak for themselves,” said Sheriff Al Lamberti. “It shows how much we can accomplish when we have local, state and federal agencies working together to combat crime.”
In addition to the multiple felony arrests, the operation resulted in the confiscation of:
• 25 firearms (11 handguns, 12 shotguns and 2 AK-47)
• 9,076 prescription pills (Oxycodone and Xanax)
• 174 pounds of marijuana from 6 grow houses
• More than 300 grams of cocaine
• Five vehicles and more than $171,000 in cash
- BSO working to combat prescription drug abuse in Broward
- BSO radio show going on the air Sundays
- BSO deputy arrested for extortion
- DUI saturation patrols in several Broward cities
- Broward to start collecting DNA samples from felons
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9355