Tamarac’s annual Turkey Trot with a shadow run in Iraq
Run with soldiers in Iraq during the City of Tamarac’s 29th Annual Thanksgiving day Turkey Trot. Tamarac has been hosting this Thanksgiving Day tradition for 29 years in a row. Like last year, a ‘shadow run’ is being held, within the same 24-hour period, with U.S. military personnel in Iraq – this time two bases will be involved with more than 1200 participants signed-up to take part in the Shadow Run!
The course begins and ends at Tamarac City Hall, on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26, beginning at 7:30 a.m. Registration begins at 6:30 am. Pre-registration can be done through the City’s website at www.tamarac.org, or at the Tamarac Community Center (.).
- Tamarac to dedicate new public art, “Under the Shadow of a Big Tree”
- Tamarac to honor local Broward hero who saved three lives
- TAMARAC’S SPECIAL COMMISSION MEETING CANCELLED
- Sunrise named best place raise kids; holiday schedule, Woodstock Arts Fest
- Tamarac to honor our nation’s heroes at Veterans Day Ceremony
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=4455
Posted by Andrea Freygang on Nov 22 2009. Filed under Broward County, Events, Holiday, Local news, Military, Tamarac. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry