Local author sells book to raise funds for free mammograms
Recently, Lisa Boccard conducted a book signing at the Coral Springs Medical Center on October 13. She was signing “Recipes for Life,” a cookbook benefitting the Lisa Boccard Breast Cancer Fund. Boccard suffered breast cancer 18 years ago and again six years ago. She continues to battle the disease as it is considered a chronic condition. The book is selling for $20 and all the proceeds go toward providing free mammograms to women. Over the past year, 200 women have received free mammograms and ten tested positive. WIthout the free mammograms, they might have died of breast cancer, said Boccard.
Anyone interested in purchasing a book, visit: http://www.browardhealth.org/upload/docs/csmc/cookbookorderform.pdf.
- Wasserman-Schultz on breast cancer awareness
- McArthur community can get free medical care in January
- Mammo-Palooza at Broward Health this week
- Coral Springs firefighters to wear pink
- Local writer, actress publishes new book on acting
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=3574