Seraphic Fire’s The Musical Da Vinci Code: A Musican, A Message And A Pope
Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s professional choral ensemble, returns for its Eighth Season with 41 concerts performed at venues in Miami-Dade and Broward County. The season begins with The Musical Da Vinci Code: A Musician, A Message And A Pope.
The 16th Century Papal Chapel was a place of mystery and intrigue. Composers throughout time have hidden secret numerical or illustrative codes within their music. When Palestrina, the undisputed master of sacred composition of the time, heard rumors that the Council of Trent was going to ban polyphony, he wrote his Missa Papae Marcelli with a hidden message: Don’t ban this music!
WHEN & WHERE
Thursday, October 1, 2009, 7:30pm
St. Christopher’s by-the Sea, Key Biscayne
Friday,October 2, 2009, 7:30pm
First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables
Saturday, October 3, 2009, 8:00pm
All Saints Episcopal Church
Sunday, October 4, 2009, 4:00pm
Miami Beach Community Church
Tickets for The Musical Da Vinci Code are $35 and available now at www.seraphicfir♦e.org, or by phone at (888) 544-FIRE.
- Top Chef Contestant in Whole Foods Market Lifestyle Center Oct. 3
- Florida Sunshine Pops releases fall schedule
- Broward officials seeking judgment on constitutionality of ethics code
- Broward County staff could have same code ethics as commissioners
- Bonnet House Begins its 2009 Lecture Series in November
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=2932