Having fun raising funds for Ann Storck Center
Over 20 restaurants in the Broward area delighted patrons of the Ann Storck fundraiser this weekend with their culinary creations. On Friday, Sept. 25, well over 500 people showed up at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s grand ballroom to help generate an expected $400,ooo for the Ann Storck Center. The Center has provided services for over 50 years to adults and children with severe and multiple disabilities to help them have a better quality of life.
Roz Perlmutter, chair of the 16th Annual Celebrity Chef’s Food Tasting & Auction and a mother of a child who has been in the program, said there was no way she couldn’t be involved.
“How can you not–when you read their mission and what it takes to keep it going, you can’t walk away unscathed,” said Perlmutter.
In addition to some of the best food in Broward, attendees, who paid $175 a ticket (funds go to the center), also spent the evening bidding on hundreds of silent auction items as well as a live auction to sponsor a child. They were also treated to a special show by Cirque Dreams, a Pompano Beach performance team that travels the world with their dancing ability.
- Top Chef Contestant in Whole Foods Market Lifestyle Center Oct. 3
- Networking breakfast at IKEA Thursday
- World’s largest guitar smash to beat world record at Hard Rock
- Feeding South Florida March 4 Hunger 5K Walk/Run to Fight Hunger
- Florida Breast Cancer Foundation to Present “4th Annual Shades of Pink” Fundraising Event on October 20 to Help the Fight to End Breast Cancer
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=2937