Paul & Young Ron’s Holiday Food Drive for Feeding South Florida this week
During the week of Dec. 13, Paul Castronovo and “Young” Ron Brewer, hosts of the popular South Florida “Paul & Young Ron Mornings™” radio show, will host the “Paul & Young Ron’s 16th Annual Holiday Food Drive” benefiting Feeding South Florida™ (formerly Daily Bread Food Bank). The 2-part fundraiser includes a private dinner at Anthony’s Runway 84, an online auction, and “The World’s Longest Morning Show.”
Each year, the morning show, with considerable help from listeners on its four South Florida radio stations, donates contributed money and more than a million pounds of food to feed hungry people in the tri-county area.
The two sanctioned “Paul & Young Ron’s 16th Annual Holiday Food Drive” fundraisers are:
- Monday, Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m., “Meatballs and Martinis” at Anthony’s Runway 84, 330 W. SR 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. Guests will enjoy unlimited food/drinks with “Paul & Young Ron” cast members and guest celebrities, as well as raffle prizes and gifts. Tickets are $150 per person.
- Friday, Dec. 17, 6 a.m.-6 p.m., Paul & Young Ron host “The World’s Longest Morning Show” at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, 200 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004. Includes a live radio broadcast with celebrities, auctions, and listener contributions.
Also, food and money donations are being accepted at the Web site www.paulandyoungron.com under “Paul & Young Ron’s Food Drive Events,” or at (877) 6-H-U-N-G-E-R.
Donations will go to Feeding South Florida and its network of over 800 charitable feeding programs throughout Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe and Palm Beach Counties. As South Florida’s leading hunger-relief organization, Feeding South Florida provides food to more than 1 million South Floridians experiencing food insecurity during the year.
“We are very thankful that Paul & Young Ron are hosting their Food Drive to benefit Feeding South Florida,” said Judith Gatti, executive director of Feeding South Florida. “The holidays are a very important time of year to provide for the many South Floridians experiencing food insecurity.”
ABOUT FEEDING SOUTH FLORIDA
Feeding South Florida™ (formerly Daily Bread Food Bank) is a not-for-profit organization that empowers other South Florida not-for-profit organizations to assist people in need and improve their lives. Feeding South Florida does this by providing food and other grocery products; and by educating and engaging our community to fight hunger and poverty. Through a local network of more than 800 other not-for-profit organizations, Feeding South Florida strives to serve children, the elderly, the mentally and physically challenged, veterans and the working poor with compassion and integrity. Feeding South Florida is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief . Over 24 million pounds of food is distributed within the community by Feeding South Florida each year. Feeding South Florida’s headquarters is located at 2501 SW 32 Terrace, Pembroke Park, FL, 33023. For more information, please call (or visit www.feedingsouthflorida.org.
- Broward’s Cross Road Food Bank facing closure from lack of funding
- $160+ million in grant funds to buy foreclosures in South Florida
- Free Flu Shots to the Homeless on Jan 21 during Feeding Program
- Share our Strength Fort Lauderdale a success
- The South Florida Diversity Job Expo: Putting South Florida Back To Work
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=10785