Swim advisory in Hallandale, Hollywood beaches
Broward County Health Department officials are recommending people not swim at the beach near the following locations:
MINNESOTA STREET AT A1A – HOLLYWOOD
CUSTER STREET AT A1A – HOLLYWOOD
HARRISON STREET – HOLLYWOOD
HALLANDALE BEACH BOULEVARD AT A1A – HALLANDALE BEACH
Samples of beach water collected at these areas did not meet recommended state requirements. All other beaches in Broward County tested satisfactory.
Certain bacteria could create unhealthy beach water conditions and may cause swimming-related gastroenteritis.
These beach locations has been retested today with new results available later tomorrow afternoon and posted at www.floridashealth.com/beachwater.
This advisory is effective immediately and continues until further notice.
For more information, please visit www.floridashealth.com/beachwater , or contact the Broward
County Health Department, Environmental Health office at (x 4210.
- Bacteria closes 3 Broward beaches, all now reopened
- Hallandale handing out sandbags, opens emergency shelter, Dania closes parks
- Learn about H1N1 during Hollywood presentation
- Hallandale, Dania seeking emergency status, FEMA funds for flooding
- Anti-crime walk Tuesday in Hallandale
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9059