Gottlieb named winner of Broward District 8 school board race
A hand recount of the ballots from the Aug. 24 winner declared Jennifer Gottlieb the official winner of the race for the District 8 at large school board seat. After the election, Gottlieb had the lead with 50.03 percent of the vote, and law requires Gottlieb have a 50 percent majority plus one vote to win. According to the tally from the Broward Supervisor of Elections office, Gottlieb had 60,997 votes while her challengers Susan Eleanor Madori had 35,884 votes and Nick Sakhnovsky had 25,040 votes.
The SOE initiated a hand recount over the weekend of August 28 to confirm Gottlieb had won the seat. The recount allowed Gottlieb to squeak thru a win that will allow her to retain her seat on the Broward School Board. Gottlieb does not have to run in the general election against Madori.
- School board candidate for District 8: Nick Sakhnovsky
- Broward school board changes meeting times
- 22 School Board candidates running in Broward’s August 24 primary
- School board candidate District 6: Laurie Rich Levinson
- School Board Candidate District 2: Kevin Tynan
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9525