Best of the Artists Series in Fort Lauderdale
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens and St. Lawrence Gallery inaugurate the fourth installment of the annual Best of the Artists Series Thursday, Sept. 9 at the St. Lawrence Gallery. This show runs through October 2 and includes works by Mary Belle Cordell, Marilyn Johansen, Joan Keirstead and Nia Nakis.
These exhibitions at the St. Lawrence Gallery located at 3556 N. Ocean Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale feature a variety of works selected as part of the Bonnet House program for 16 fine artists. An interesting element is that attendees have the opportunity to vote for their favorite piece. Then, the fifth exhibition will include the winning pieces culled from the first four shows.
One final winner is announced at the closing reception scheduled for Thursday, November 4.
Opening events are held on Thursdays and begin at 6 p.m. Best of all, they’re free and open to anyone. At the openings, a raffle includes items donated by each artist, plus wine and cheese. Sales from these events help support Bonnet House and its programs.
Other important dates are:
- Fifth Exhibition: Opening and reception on Oct. 7 through Nov. 4. This show includes favorite pieces voted on by attendees at previous four shows.
- Best of the Artists Closing Reception: Nov. 4; Best of the Artists Series winner will be announced at this event.
Bonnet House’s focus on art dates back to its original owners, Chicago artist Frederic Clay Bartlett and is wife, Helen, the daughter of Hugh Taylor Birch. Later on, Bartlett, a young widower, married Evelyn Lilly, also an artist. Mr. Bartlett’s easel art is still displayed in the Bonnet House studio and his murals and faux painting can be found throughout the Main House.
This gorgeous oceanfront property is on the National Register of Historic places and in 2004, was included in the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Save America’s Treasures program.
St. Lawrence Gallery is located at 3556 N. Ocean Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale two lights north of Oakland Park Blvd. on the east side. For more information, please contact Monica Estevez at (ext. 127 or St. Lawrence Gallery at (or visit www.bonnethouse.org or www.stlawrencegallery.com.
- The Bonnet House – 4th annual Best of the Artists Series
- 3rd Annual Best of the Artists Series at St. Lawrence Gallery
- Bonnet House hosting "Best of the Artist Series"
- Art exhibit at St. Lawrence Gallery
- Impressions of Florida opens with reception on March 6
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=9488