Broward School Board meeting today to talk budget
Broward County School Board members and Superintendent James F. Notter will meet Thursday, April 29 to discuss the 2010/2011 school year proposed budgetary cut that calls for, among other things, a dramatic reduction in District administrators, staff, teachers and education programs. The annual budget retreat will take place at Fort Lauderdale High School beginning at 12 noon.
While no decisions regarding cuts and reductions will be made or announced at Thursdayís meeting, Board members will discuss how state education funding will impact public education in Broward County and ways to mitigate the impact to students and schools. A budget update will include a review of recommendations and the proposed budget reduction impact by school level.
As part of the Districtís annual budget planning process, two public hearings will be scheduled to provide community and parent and input.
- School board member Dinnen comments on budget cuts
- Tax increase still equals budget cuts in Broward; final budget approved tomorrow
- Broward school board changes meeting times
- Arts supporters protest school budget cuts in Downtown Fort Lauderdale; video
- School board creates ethics commission
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=7738