SAVE $$$ – BROWARD COUNTY EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT (EITC) OUTREACH PROGRAM
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a special tax benefit for people who work full or part-time, whose income is below established government levels. This credit will reduce the amount of taxes owed, resulting in a rebate (or credit) back to your family.
EITC is a reimbursement for low to moderate income wage earners instituted over 30 years ago. In 2002, when studies indicated millions of EITC dollars lay unclaimed because of a lack of awareness, the Children’s Services Council began promoting EITC through county-wide public awareness campaigns in collaboration with community partners.
Your income and family size determine the amount of the credit, as follows:
- Families with children who earned less than $40,000 can get up to $5,657.
- Workers with no children who earn less than $13,440 can get back up to $457.
The EITC can be claimed retroactively back for three (3) year; therefore, this represents a significant tax rebate which can be used to satisfy existing debts, enhance your credit, put a down-payment on a home, etc.
Don’t miss this opportunity to get the $$$ you deserve! This program not only puts money back into the pockets of families, it helps money flow back into Broward’s economy.
The EITC Mobile Unit will be visiting the following sites in Davie:
February 26, 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Neighborhood Service Center
4700 SW 64th Avenue, Davie Fl, 33314
March 3, 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM
1130 SW 133rd Avenue Davie, Fl 33325
For information on additional EITC Mobile sites or Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites, call 211 (First Call for Help) or visit the Children’s Services Council at www2.cscbroward.org/
You must earn $44,000 or less to qualify for the free tax preparation services.
- Broward County Housing Finance Authority launches mortgage credit certificate program
- Tax Relief for Unemployed and Those With Decreased Income on 2009 Returns
- Coral Springs still has funds to assist low to moderate income persons purchase and rehab a foreclosure
- Humane Society of Broward hosts “Reading to the Dogs” program.
- New credit card law officially in effect
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=6571