Wilton Manors man killed in motorcycle wreck
A Wilton Manors man died Tuesday night after he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed in Oakland Park.
Shortly after 10 p.m. January 19, William Lewis was operating a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle eastbound in the 1700 block of East Oakland Park Boulevard. Witnesses said Lewis was riding at a high rate of speed in the far left lane. At some point the vehicle in front of Lewis began to change from the eastbound center lane into the eastbound left lane, but returned to the center lane without making contact with the approaching motorcycle.
BSO traffic homicide investigators said Lewis was responding to the vehicle attempting to make a lane change when he lost control of the motorcycle and struck a street sign located in the center median. Lewis, who was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead on scene by Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue.
The cause of the crash is pending.
- Palm Beach teen killed in Coral Springs motorcycle wreck
- Ft. Laud woman killed in motorcycle crash
- Pedestrian killed crossing Commercial Blvd. in Oakland Park
- Three Coral Springs teens killed in wreck early Sunday
- Police identify Pembroke Pines teen killed in ATV wreck
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=6032