Dania Beach offering 75 percent off in amnesty program for code fines and liens
INFORMATIONAL PROGRAM FACT SHEET
- The Code Fine & Lien Amnesty Program will be in effect in 2 stages from September 1st through November 30th, 2009, and December 1st through December 31st, 2009.
- Owners of properties that are in compliance with their code cases may settle their debt to the city by paying ONLY 25% of the face value of the code fine or lien, in addition to any real costs incurred by the city (legal fees, court fees, notice costs, nuisance abatement, etc.) during the first period of September 1st through November 30th, 2009. After this initial period, an extended second period from December 1st through December 31st, 2009, will be in effect, during which owners of properties that are in compliance with their code cases may settle their debt to the city by paying ONLY 50% of the face value of the code fine or lien, in addition to any real costs incurred by the city.
- Owners of non-compliant properties that are brought into compliance during this amnesty program are also eligible to settle their fines or liens in accordance with the guidelines listed above based upon their compliance date as issued by the case inspector and the terms of the period of time that applies.
- Only fines and liens resulting from code violations are eligible under this amnesty program.
- Fines and liens arising from lot clearing, board-ups, demolitions, nuisance abatement, 50/50 sidewalk repairs, water service, or any other city program are NOT ELIGIBLE under this amnesty program, due to the real costs and expenditures made by the city in these instances, and may require payment prior to an agreement or release of any code fines or liens due.
- After December 31st, 2009, the settlement options as listed above will no longer be available and all fines and liens will return to 100% owed.
- All fines and liens not paid by December 31st, 2009, may be forwarded to collection agencies or legal counsel for aggressive collection, including foreclosure on personal property and lawsuits to obtain money judgment orders against property owners.
- Payments must be made in person no later than 4:30 p.m. on the last day of each respective amnesty period for the terms of that period to apply (for 25% – November 30th, 2009, and for 50% – December 31st, 2009).
- Accepted methods of payment are: Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order, and Cash.
- Hours of availability are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (excluding weekends and legal holidays), and appointments are available to discuss specific information or amounts owed in each case by contacting the Code Compliance Manager at the number listed below.
Take advantage of this one-time, outstanding opportunity to settle your fine or lien for up to a 75% discount!
For more information, please call the Code Compliance Unit at:
Or visit us on the web at: http://www.daniabeachfl.gov/
- Coral Springs offers Amnesty Period for First-Time Business Tax Receipt Applicants
- Dania Beach – Westside Master Plan Community Meeting
- Brinks’ employee shot in Dania Beach
- FBI releases sketch of Dania Beach Brinks’ robber; second robbery committed
- Florida House to explore loan program for green initiatives
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=2724
Posted by Andrea Freygang on Sep 20 2009. Filed under Broward County, Dania, Real Estate. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry