Broward News and Entertainment Today

Man electrocuted while picking mangos

An Oakland Park man was electrocuted Sunday morning as the pole he was using to knock down mangos from a tree came in contact with a high voltage wire.

At around 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning 43-year-old Thanhkim Giang and his wife went to a friend’s house to get mangos from their mango tree. Thanhkim went to the backyard and picked up a 23-foot aluminum pole to knock the fruit from the tree. As he was doing this, the aluminum pole came in contact with a nearby wire electrocuting him. When his wife, 40-year-old Day Giang, saw what was taking place, she ran over to him and pushed him to break the contact with the wire and was shocked by the current. Neighbors heard the noise and came over, called 911 and began CPR until Oakland Park Fire Rescue arrived. After being shocked, Day appeared to be ok, but was transported to Holy Cross Hospital to be medically cleared. Her husband was also transported to Holy Cross Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

BSO Homicide detectives are investigating.

Related posts:

  1. Teen killed in Oakland Park crash with Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy

Short URL:

Posted by admin on Jun 30 2009. Filed under Crime, Health. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

1 Comment for “Man electrocuted while picking mangos”

  1. Man electrocuted while picking mangos

    [...] Original post by aorora111 [...]


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to for free!