New sculptures commissioned for Ft. Lauderdale multi-purpose center
Broward Cultural Division’s Public Art and Design Program commissioned artist Cheryl Foster to create a permanent, original and innovative outdoor artwork for the new new Edgar P. Mills Multi-Purpose Center at in Fort Lauderdale.
The artwork proposal, “Wish Vessels” envisions life-sized, colorful and fanciful sculptures placed in the proposed landscaping around the site and building entrances.
Multimedia artist, Cheryl Foster was born in Washington, D.C. Like a chameleon, this Howard University graduate’s medium is forever changing. The only constant is her passion for her craft. Specializing in large scale, public art, Foster works nationally with art councils, architects, developers and individuals, to design, fabricate and install imaginative projects. Be it sensitive portraiture in stained glass or abstract tile mosaic, LED illuminated waterjet cut metal structures, or realistic sculptures, she feels the “vision” dictates its medium.
Cheryl Foster is also commissioned to design the artwork for the Roosevelt Gardens Park Project in the park along NW 11th Street in Fort Lauderdale. She is presently working with the community on the design of the project.
- Natural Forces art exhibit in Downtown Fort Lauderdale
- Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale Joined Forces with Exclusive Gryphon Nightclub To Present Late Night Art Party
- Broward County Creates New Artificial Reef Offshore Fort Lauderdale
- Upcoming events in Fort Lauderdale
- Construction starting Monday on A1A in Fort Lauderdale north beach area
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=1041