Transit forums scheduled for Oakland Park, Miramar and Parkland
Broward County Transit is partnering with cities throughout the County to host transit community forums that will allow attendees to voice their concerns, ideas and recommendations for a future public transportation plan.
Transit community forums scheduled in May are:
Thursday, May 7, 6-8 p.m.
6620 University Drive (adjacent to City Hall)
Wednesday, May 13, 6-8 p.m.
Miramar Branch Library
2050 Civic Center Place
Thursday, May 14, 6-8 p.m.
City of Oakland Park Municipal Building
5399 N. Dixie Highway, Suite 3
(Use Bus Route 50)
The forums will address the top challenges facing public transportation in our region, and include a presentation, followed by roundtable discussions. Information evolving from the forums will form the basis of a regional public transportation plan for consideration by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
Two key questions that will be presented to the attendees for their input are:
• What are the three major public transportation issues in our region?
• What should be done now and in the future to improve public transportation?
For more information about the transit community forums, visit www.broward.org/bct, or call the Broward County Transportation Department at Hearing- and speech-impaired individuals should call TTY). Persons unable to attend the forums can submit their comments at www.broward.org/bct, and click on “Voice Your Solutions to Public Transportation.”
- Broward Property Tax Exemption Filing Dates Announced For March 2010, help meetings scheduled
- First Broward general public H1N1 vaccine clinic opens Nov. 30
- January events in Broward County Parks
- Halloween events in Broward
- Halloween events in Broward 2010
Short URL: https://browardnetonline.com/?p=772