A regular visit to Los Alamitos dental care is a must to maintain oral health. You need to work as a team with your dentist for avoiding dental issues that can diminish life quality and root medical complications.
How your life quality gets affected with teeth issues?
- Missing, crooked, and diseased teeth or distorted jaw can hinder your chewing or speech. The restorative procedure is very expensive.
- Cavities are painful and overtime causes tooth sensitivity. Regular checkups help to treat them as early as possible.
- Treating tooth decays in its early stage is mildly uncomfortable because the area gets numbed before filling it.
What are the medical complications, if regular checkup gets ignored?
- Periodontal disease can cause diabetes, strokes, heart and respiratory problems.
What to expect at regular dental visits?
The regular dental visit includes two parts –
- Dentist checks for cavities, if necessary X-rays are taken.
- Check for tartar and plaque buildup.
- Check the gums for diseases.
- Examine your tongue, throat, neck, face, and head for signs of swelling, redness or cancer symptoms.
- Plaque hardens and turns into tartar, which cannot be eliminated with daily brushing and flossing.
- The dentist uses special tools to eliminate the tartar. The process is called scaling.
- After scaling, the dentist uses gritty paste to remove surface stains.
- The last step is flossing, where areas between teeth get flossed.
What needs to be done between regular dental visits?
- Brush teeth twice daily with a fluoride paste.
- Floss daily.
- Mouthwash helps to control the plaque bacteria and keep breath fresh.
Maintain oral health with regular dental checkups!