It isn’t even the end of January, and some puns and jokes have been making the buzz all over the internet. We will share with you popular puns and jokes of the year 2020.
What is a pun?
This is a poetic device in English literature, which is a play of words that is intended towards creating humorous expressions. It can be in the form of intentional ridicule or mimicry with the aim of arousing the feeling of the audience in a comic way. They are figuratively expressed as jokes or idiomatic expressions and have the ability to make someone laugh.
Puns and jokes can be in the form of songs, parodies, movie clips, comedy, and shows etc. geared towards cracking the ribs. Enough of the long talk as we get into the year 2020 puns and jokes.
- I would lose weight for my new year’s resolution – but in life, I hate losing.
- I told my wife to embrace her mistakes – and here she is hugging me.
- Why was 6 afraid of 9 on a new year’s eve? Because 9, 8, 7 (Nine ate Seven).
- What did the little champagne bottle call his father? Pop.
- All that glitters is – probably part of my outfit.
- Light travels much faster than sound; that’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- I have a couple of jokes about unemployed people, but none of them work.
- How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.
- My resolution was to read more – so I put the subtitles on my TV.
- What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A maybe.
Let us know what you think about these puns and feel free to add yours.