NOTICE! UPCOMING STREET CLOSURE:
Due to the annual Stonewall Festival, Wilton Drive (From NE 20th Street to Five-Points) will be closed beginning on Saturday, June 22, at 3:00pm, and will remain closed through Sunday, June 23, 2013, at 11:00pm.
SAVE THE DATE: STONEWALL FESTIVAL 2013, June 22-23, 2013
“A Journey to Equality”
Stonewall Summer Pride has announced that this year’s event entitled “Journey to Equality” will be a tribute to the accomplishments of the LGBT community over the last few years.
For 2013, Stonewall Summer Pride is being expanded to two days. The event which is presented by The Rainbow Business Coalition of Greater Fort Lauderdale and The City of Wilton Manors is planned for Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23, 2013. The main event on Saturday is the Stonewall Twilight Parade. On Sunday, the Street Festival kicks into high gear with a Vendor Marketplace, a full schedule of Live Entertainment, a Kid’s Zone and a whole host of other activities including the Stonewall Summer Pride main event concert.
The event will run from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, June 22nd and from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 23rd and will include a full closure of Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, FL. for the duration of the event. For more information on Stonewall Summer Pride, please visit www.stonewallsummerpride.com
SAVE THE DATE: Mayor Gary Resnick’s Small Business Roundtable
Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 8:30am, Hagen Park Community Center
Mayor Gary Resnick and the City Commission invite you to attend the Small Business Roundtable at the Hagen Park Community Center. We will have two presenters: Stan Eichelbaum, President of Marketing Development, Inc. who has developed marketing plans for such companies as the Rouse Companies and Federated Department Stores. Stan has also supervised retail centers such as Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, Paramus Park Mall in New Jersey and Town Center Mall in Boca Raton. Our second presenter is Anthony “Tony” LoGrande who has extensive experience in marketing with national companies such as Calvin Klein, Aveda, Estee Lauder and Victoria’s Secret. He developed numerous retail strategies for new brands and does merchandise planning of department, specialty stores, and boutiques.
Upcoming Meetings and City Happenings
- Wilton Manors Business Association, Monday, June 10, 2013, 6:00pm, JJ Whimsy
- Planning & Zoning Board, Monday, June 10, 2013, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Regular Commission Meeting, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Budget Review Advisory Committee #2, Monday, June 17, 2013, 6:00pm, Chambers
- Budget Review Advisory Committee #3, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 6:00pm, Chambers
- Budget Review Advisory Committee #4, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 6:00pm, Chambers
- Economic Development Task Force , Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 5:30pm, Chambers
- Historical Society Thursday, June 20, 2013, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Stonewall Festival Saturday/Sunday, June 22-23, 2013, Wilton Drive
- Regular Commission Meeting, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 7:00pm, Chambers
- Small Business Roundtable, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 8:30am, Hagen Park
- Budget Review Advisory Committee #5, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 6:00pm, Chambers
- Wilton Manors Business Association, Networking Lunch, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 12:00pm, Alibi