South Florida is currently under a Tornado Watch until 5 p.m. Possible local flooding may occur. For information on the latest forecasts refer to local television coverage and National Hurricane Center at: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ Update on City Services:
* Oakland Park city services and facilities will remain open Monday, August 27th.
* An Emergency Declaration has been signed by the Governor, Broward County, and Oakland Park Mayor.
* The City’s fire stations remain fully staffed through the weekend.
* Engineering and Community Development has ensured barricades have been secured, storm drains are clear, and construction sites are safe.
* Public Works – Public Works crews are on standby throughout the weekend to respond to falling trees, blocked storm drains and other situations needing response as conditions permit. The Sand Bag Depot is closed.
* Commercial dumpster collection will be delayed 4 hours Monday.
* Parks Department has secured all parks facilities.
* BSO: Full staff remains on standby to assist City Departments. Critical intersections will have generators assigned to maintain a safe flow of traffic.
* The City of Oakland Park will continue to follow Broward County openings/closings. The Broward County Emergency hotline is 954-831-4000 or 3-1-1.
* The City will continue to issue updates as conditions change and decisions are announced that may impact the delivery of City services.