NEWS FROM CITY HALL:
- Temporary Banners are allowed for all businesses through December 31, 2012 in the City of Wilton Manors! Allowed temporary signs are either a vertical feather flag or a banner affixed to the building. There is no application or permit fee required for temporary signs now through December 31, 2012! For more information, please contact Heidi Shafran at 954-390-2180!
A few simple rules must be followed:
- A temporary sign may not be used in place of a permanent sign
- A business location may only display one temporary sign at a time.
- Feather flags shall not exceed ten (10) feet in height.
- Feather flags may only be displayed during the normal operation hours of the business.
- A temporary sign affixed to a building may not exceed 20 square feet.
- All temporary signs mounted to a pole may not be located within traffic site triangles, pedestrian walkways, or parking spaces.
- All temporary signs must be maintained and in good condition at all times.
- Once a Hurricane Watch is issued, all temporary signs shall be removed.
2. A series of Budget Workshops have been scheduled to finalize the City’s budget for the Fiscal year 2012/2013.
- Budget Workshop #1 Tuesday, July 17, 2012, at 7:00pm, in the Commission Chambers
- Budget Workshop #2 Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at 7:00pm, in the Commission Chambers
- Budget Workshop #3 Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 6:30pm, in the Commission Chambers
3. Movie in the Park: Don’t miss the showing of Big Miracle! Friday, July 20, 2012, at 7:00pm, at the Hagen Park Community Center!
4. Friends of the Library Book Sale, Saturday, July 14, 2012 at Hagen Park from 8:00am – 2:00pm. There are hundreds of books for sale at incredibly reduced prices! Stop by and support the Friends of your City Library!
Upcoming Events on the City Calendar
- Library Advisory Board Meeting, Monday, July 16, 2012, 5:30pm, RCS Library
- Eco Dev Task Force, Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 5:30pm, Chambers
- Art Gallery 21 by CANAWM, Friday, July 20, 2012, 7:00pm, Women’s Club
- Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 7:00pm, Chambers
- WMBA Networking Lunch, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 12:00 Noon, Humpy’s Pizza
- C.A.A.B., Wednesday, August 8, 2012, 7:00pm, Chambers
Recent Broward News
- Shoreline decorating contest accompanies Pompano Beach Boat Parade on Dec. 8
- First Annual B.O.M.C . Holiday Health Bazaar in Pompano Beach
- FLORIDA TRAVELERS URGED TO USE CAUTION AS POTENTIALLY DENSE FOG AFFECTS THE STATE THROUGH FRIDAY
- Gulfstream Park Art Festival
- Winter Affairs on Las Olas and the Riverside Hotel
- United Way Of Broward County Unveils The New Jean & David Colker Center
- PRO FOOTBALL LEGENDS AND CURRENT PLAYERS TO HIT THE LINKS FOR CHARITY in FORT LAUDERDALE
- Mickey Byrne’s Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
- Handling Grief During The Holidays – a Free Workshop Dec. 3
- Broward Libraries to Host Multi-cultural Holiday Events in Honor of 2013 “Year of the Neighbor”