Construction crews plan to raise the flyover ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595 by 18 inches to accommodate the construction of additional travel lanes.
No cars will be permitted to travel under the structure during this work (for approximately 24 hours). The following roadways will be closed from 11:30 p.m. Saturday, July 14 to 11:30 p.m. Sunday, July 15:
- The ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595.*
- Northbound and southbound University Drive at I-595.
- Westbound SR 84 from SR 7 / US 441 to Pine Island Road (no access to Florida’s Turnpike).
- Westbound I-595 from University Drive to Pine Island Road.
- Eastbound I-595 on-ramps from Weston Road to University Drive.
- Florida’s Turnpike to westbound I-595 and westbound SR 84.
- SR 7 / US 441 to westbound I-595 and westbound SR 84. Eastbound I-595 lanes will be detoured to eastbound SR 84 prior to University Drive for the 24 hour period.
*The flyover ramp from southbound University Drive to eastbound I-595 will remain closed for 120 days. For additional information, visit the Project Website: www.i-595.com