GossipExtra EXCLUSIVE: A negligence lawsuit that alleges bullying at The King’s Academy, a prestigious private Christian school in West Palm Beach, has been filed in a Palm Beach County Circuit Court by the parents of an eighth grader.
The lawsuit doesn’t name the victim or his parents, who are only known as John and Jane Doe.
But the parents of two boys who allegedly bullied the victim, repeatedly hit him in the groin area and stabbed him with a pencil were named in the lawsuit.
They are Peter and Tamara Lowe, Palm Beach Gardens residents who founded a company that produces celebrity-studded Christian motivational seminars in large arenas, Get Motivated Seminars; and Diane Smith and Dave Carhart.
Carhart made news in 2005 when, as captain at the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office at the time, he was arrested for breaking into a galpal’s apartment. Smith, his ex-wife, is a former PBSO spokeswoman.
Recent Broward News
- South Florida Dance Vacations Launches June 15 with VISIT FLORIDA Tourism Grant
- NASA image of the storms over Oklahoma during tornadoes
- “Treasures of the Hard Rock” Music Memorabilia Exhibit; unique collection goes on display at Hard Rock #Hollywood
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarships Awarded in #CoralSprings
- The Bōl, an Authentic Asian Cuisine Experience, Opens at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida
- Cresthaven Elementary children learning about giving back to the community
- Palm Beach County Unemployment Rate Lowest in Nearly Five Years
- MDA to put #FortLauderdale Community Leaders Behind Bars for Good
- Photo: Record-setting Burmese python captured in Miami-Dade County
- College Avenue Roadway Improvements Traffic Impact Bulletin for #Davie residents, students